The annual Book Fair (in conjunction with National Day celebration) is still going on until next Tuesday, so far I have visited 5 times and each visit I have gained something from it. I would say the book fair is predominantly religious books, which I personally think it is a response to His Majesty's call for strengthening religious education (26th Jan 2010) and Maulidur Rasul celebration as well. I love this book fair as I have always been eager to buy kid's religious books, Quran & Iqro software and religious songs.
Besides, there are some dictionaries at good bargain. I've got a new Oxford English-English-Malay Dictionary (2007) at B$10 only (Orig price B$20) from Pustaka Remaja, and a Kamus Bahasa Melayu Brunei at B$13.50 (Orig price B$15) from Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka. Not only the local bookstores are participating, there are ASEAN publishers, our government agencies such as State Mufti Dept, Pusat Dakwah Islamiah, Brunei History Centre, Museums Dept, etc.
Quoting from Islamia, Brunei Times, 29th January, 2010 issue:
If you haven't visited the book fair, it's highly recommended that you should grab this golden opportunity. 4 more days...
Besides, there are some dictionaries at good bargain. I've got a new Oxford English-English-Malay Dictionary (2007) at B$10 only (Orig price B$20) from Pustaka Remaja, and a Kamus Bahasa Melayu Brunei at B$13.50 (Orig price B$15) from Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka. Not only the local bookstores are participating, there are ASEAN publishers, our government agencies such as State Mufti Dept, Pusat Dakwah Islamiah, Brunei History Centre, Museums Dept, etc.
Quoting from Islamia, Brunei Times, 29th January, 2010 issue:
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) called on Muslims to obtain and then share the knowledge they have obtained: "Acquire knowledge, for he who acquires it in the way of Allah performs an act of piety; he who speaks of it, praises the Lord; he who seeks it, adores Allah; he who dispenses instruction in it, bestows alms; and he who imparts it to others, performs an act of devotion to Allah." (Sahih Bukhari and Muslim)
If you haven't visited the book fair, it's highly recommended that you should grab this golden opportunity. 4 more days...

(scanned) Images from official website of 26th National Day of Brunei Darussalam.
For more activities or events on National Day celebration, click on www.nationalday.org.bn

No comments:
Post a Comment